We Eat Pancakes [Yumy]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Eat Pancakes [Yumy]

Awesome guild!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Current state of the game and the guild

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Just Alex
Le frenzy is good

Male
Number of posts : 93
Favourite drink : Metropolitan and Teq
Sexiest person on Earth : Scarlett Johansson
Wammo Scale :
Current state of the game and the guild Left_bar_bleue69 / 10069 / 100Current state of the game and the guild Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-16

Current state of the game and the guild Empty
PostSubject: Current state of the game and the guild   Current state of the game and the guild Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:37 pm

It's been a while since i wanted to make this post, its just some general things we can work with, but its always good to write them down.

So whats the meta like today?

1/ balanced build: 1axe, 1hammer, 1ia, 1dom mesmer, 1water mesmer, 1rc, 1woh, 1caltrop rit

tips: be better than they are!

2/ 2 rangers build: 2w, 1ia, 1ED, 1 water mesmer, 1rc, 1woh, 1caltrop

tips if we face the build: rupt the apply/ia, focus the anti melee on the pewpew ranger and snare the w, but make you sure have a blurred/steam ready to break an incoming spike.

tips if we play this build: call spikes every 5-10sec, but mention if its a clean spike or just some dmg concentration, someone has to perma watch the ennemy mesmer if there is one-->communication.

3/ 2 ele split: 2w, 1r, 2 ele (1shatterstone, the other being mindblast or shatterstone aswell), 2monks, 1rit.

tips if we face them: the defensive midliner has to follow the ennemy's w, if the 2 eles are together, make sure the woh monk is there or the rc+rit if rly needed, communicate on the ennemy's position, and be really fast to take advantage of the smallest window of opportuniy. Oh, and last thing: do not forget to flag

4/ necro spike

tips: either outsplit them right away (just let the woh+rit in the base with maybe a hard rezzer) or 8v8 them if we know they re bad-->watch then the positioning (do not ball up).

About the guild now:

Alex: - dont call bad moves
- learn to call clean spikes
- make sure the monks are ready, when you frenzy....

Brutel: - Enunciate, quit that accent of yours and take whiskey's.
- keep the bad days away.

Yug: - get some hair, reform the GB
- talk more! if you re half as exp as i think you are, its still more than enough to improve the team's field awareness and tactics.
- even though you love stomping monks, you might want to lineback sometimes, especially if you're on hammer.

Val: - write a poem in FRENCH about Alex, how great he is, blahblah, how cool he is, blahblah...
- talk more! (but dont bitch too much) same goes for you as for yug, you re an overall good player, but i dont hear you:( if you re on w, call spikes, on ranger, coordinate the midline, etc,etc... I know you don't like to micro ppl, but

Guardian: - stop using emotes, turn 18, date val.
- watch the field! It's not enough to rely on the ennemies bars. Try to have a clear understanding on whats actually going on, watch the incoming spikes, identify the patterns of the monks...
- beware of your positionning: in 8v8, try not to overextend if the monks arent prepared; in split, pay more attention to where the opponents are and try to know where you're needed.

Pookie: - use apply and spread poison through ia, thats the whole point of the build.
- if you can't monitor several people at the same time, focus on one guy, but at least rupt him.

L'ancestre: - get fluent in english
- make sure your actions integrate well into the team's play.

Nox: - use big prots and aura of stability
- sometimes you don't use your skills as often as you should, idk if its because of the ennemy mesmer or if you're out of energy, but there are situations when you ll just have to cast the right skill, whatever the constraints.

Whiskey: - stop buying horses for your sister
- thats all, since ive never watched you so far^^

Slap: - stop smoking
- talk more! it's rly rly an important issue. we need to know when you're flagging in, if we're late on flags, if we have to send ppl back and who, etc,etc... You rly have an important position, i mean you should be the backbone of the team in we re splitting, and as a rule you have 3 of the most important skills in today's meta: kaolai, weapon of warding and caltrop. So make sure you sue them wisely and efficiently.

Well, thats all i can think for the time being, ill prolly edit that later.

Last edited by Just Alex on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
valence

Male
Number of posts : 81
Favourite drink : Anything containing cafeïne
Sexiest person on Earth : Tosh her monk
Wammo Scale :
Current state of the game and the guild Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100Current state of the game and the guild Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the game and the guild   Current state of the game and the guild Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 1:43 am

ok, i think it is time we swap positions a bit less and make a core.
since we got around 9 players, i think this is doable without any qq'ing about it.

so my initial thought is:

wars:
1: Brutel
2: Alex
Midline
R: Me
E: Doomee
M: ?
Monks
P: Nox
H: Whiskey
Runner:
R: Slap

So it is all obvious imo except the midline and 2nd war.
Basically whiskey is on monk, either prot or woh. Then we need a 2nd monk who is either Alex or Nox. Since idk what Nox can run, he has to be 2nd monk. And Alex only wanna play war besides Mo so thats settled. Runner is ofc Slap and midline, well..

Me on ranger, ele is doomee and last slot is the me/e (not dom, water spam). Basically this is the mAT final build in monthly. This slot is either phil, guardian or reed. Depending who wants it/likes the spot/and is available gets it.
Other people are alts.

So why this build change, well i know from a couple of people they wanted something else. I think slap is doing a better job mainly at positioning and this build should be fine defensive wise for the main team (which was a big issue last time we played a split build).

Any disagreements, go paint.
Back to top Go down
Just Alex
Le frenzy is good

Male
Wammo Scale :
Current state of the game and the guild Left_bar_bleue69 / 10069 / 100Current state of the game and the guild Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the game and the guild   Current state of the game and the guild Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 5:18 pm

i can't show you my super paint skills right now -following some boring classes...-

The build doesnt have much df honor in it, but i guess it can be a good test for us before moving to more fun split builds (if we are to). What's the new gh btw? don't tell me it's wurms Sad

ps: wtb pics of val in holidays, whikey and nox, so i can have fun while pretending listening to a dull prof...
Back to top Go down
valence

Male
Wammo Scale :
Current state of the game and the guild Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100Current state of the game and the guild Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the game and the guild   Current state of the game and the guild Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:54 pm

ye, the reason why i want this build is that it allows good splittability while having tons of defense. It's a nice step from moving 8v8 to a more split build.

the hall is wurm, we have shown that we play best on corrupted and wurms. tho i dont mind having a different hall then wurms (tho they help me farm sunspear, which is kind a big deal...) here was reasoning:
no warriors, wizzards crap cus cata maps are dump shit.
no druids cause 33% of geust maps are druids.
same for burning.
no imperial cus its red, i dont want a hoar house. ;p
no swimmingpool nor muddy swimmingpools.
so few maps stay open:
-solitude
-wurms
-corrupted
-frozen
solitude said bibi cause we never played much on it, and dont wanna play on a map with a new build on a map we hardly ever play on. corrupted is pretty sweet, very easy to communicate which really helps imo when we start with this, but brutel didnt like tormented claws cus they hurt a lot or something. frozen reminds me of alex byob's attempt so, no ;p.

good reasoning rite?

ps: stop wanking on my pics, you've seen them ;p
Back to top Go down
valence

Male
Wammo Scale :

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the game and the guild   Current state of the game and the guild Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 6:19 am

we need better flag control, simply said (assuming splits are in a stallmate)

2/6 split: runner runs it
3/5 split: (w, r, ele) runner runs it
3/5 split: (w, r, rt) ele runs it, if ele needed for big dmg at stand me/e runs it. if ele blinds are needed, war runs it.
4/4: 2nd war runs it

however, more often then not other factors decide who runs a flag.

if we shake up a split, instead of taking the shortest route, you can go through the base and grab the flag. Think about maps as uncharted, corrupted where this is virtually done without any loss in speed.

we need to be more aware who is running it, cause it is not i think an issue that we dont know who should run it at what time, just that the entire flag thing is totally forgotten:
'ohw ye, who is running the flag??'

Few other things i noticed:
On wurms, try avoiding an 8v8 between the flag stand and hp shrine on their side of the base. This is no mans land and gives our build no advantage to fight there (you basically deny them to split, but they can easily fall on our split too). If this fight goes to either their backdoor (towards hp shrine) or flagstand it's fine.

On uncharted we need to improve communication a bit, this probably would count for any map with a 2+ pathway (frozen, uncharted, wurms) which are big enough that we need to rely on communication and not the compass xD. I think the split team should call from which way the others should come from, so the split should improve on this, like: 'come through the middle' or 'through the base'.

Individ things i noticed in last game (only obsed it once, so its pretty short)
-Doomee try to avoid arrows when ur running for your life, it is really easy at that range.
-Alex, push hard when needed (when shit needs to get out the base fast for example)
-Guardian, you shouldnt be running the flag at the rate you did yesterday, especially when both wars are killing our monks. however since ur busy with it, try reminding the team a flag needs to be brought out. heck, even say someone specific needs to do it when time is ticking (after all, a decision is always better then none).
-Me; i should be where i should be needed, i failed hard not being at main when you kill shit and cant interrupt a freaking res.
And again in general ;p
-Avoid 8v8's like we did yesterday, split split split!! =)

other notes
-We gotta find a nice suiting ranger bar for this build, MelShot aint great without hunters but lets face it, hex removal on split is really nice to have. if we want hex removal on ranger we gotta go with magebane or Hunters, every other bar forces me to drop ResSig. Just go with this (MelShot/Hunters) and see how we do when we reach people responding better to splits?
-Something else for Charge? I've been looking but cant find anything really, Calltrops is still nice (mainly to lock ppl by sending ranger 1 side, rit other side so the guy in the middle has nowhere to go [good for druids, wurms, uncharted, backway frozen] otherwise an ele and a ranger gotta do this). I do think Disiplined Stance is a lifesaver for the rit, but Sprint alone is just meh (8/15 seconds), so you are forced with Charge i uppose. Something that came close tho is Calltrops, Smoke Powder Defense, Dash. Slap you dropped Recup for another heal right? Think you did, otherwise you should ^^.

Well besides communication and better flag control, I dont know. We seem to do really well on split (either 2/6, 3/5 or 4/4) and stand seems to be a lot more stable with the drop of the dom mes, with this trend we should be able to keep going up.
Back to top Go down
Just Alex
Le frenzy is good

Male
Wammo Scale :

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the game and the guild   Current state of the game and the guild Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:22 am

The monks, flagrunner and the w need to say clearly what they need so we can assign the right person to flagrunning. Besides, we should also know when to double run flags. We haven't used that technique that often, but its definitely something we should be working on.

For the ranger bar, id say that it seems weird to me not to have any snare or self heal on a split ranger. But once again it really depends on how we play the build: do we expect our ranger to solo rambo stuff? or will he always have someone next to him? Also, i dont see any pb if we drop the rez provided we re getting better (good) at flag control.

Tbh i dont know if we re doing well because of the build or our skill. We have huge mouvement control and tons of defense which is definitely a biiig plus on splits. Lets see how things go before judging.

ps: plz...moar pix...plz...
Back to top Go down
valence

Male
Wammo Scale :

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the game and the guild   Current state of the game and the guild Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 5:54 am

we lost defin today to bad communication, tho we still went + in the end.

ranger bar, i thought about it. mel shot is a very flexible bar if stand play is required, but i will try something else tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the game and the guild   Current state of the game and the guild Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Current state of the game and the guild
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Eat Pancakes [Yumy] :: Guild wars Addict-
Jump to: