We Eat Pancakes [Yumy]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Eat Pancakes [Yumy]

Awesome guild!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Training Build

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reed

Number of posts : 14
Wammo Scale :
Training Build Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Training Build Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-12

Training Build Empty
PostSubject: Training Build   Training Build Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:00 am

I wanted to post this somewhere so that its written somewhere, but didnt want to put it on LAME forums...
Basically this build requires you to have good positioning, split tactics, good use of weapon sets and the ability to reconise when to pull back / push in order to win. Basically it covers everything that is needed to win without being some boring lame shitty build... (although i am aware it looks horrible to play)

[build prof=Mesmer/Assassin][Energy Surge][Diversion][Shatter Hex][Shatter Enchantment][Cry Of Frustration][Power Drain][Drain Enchantment][Dash][/build]
[build prof=Elementalist/Dervish][Blinding Surge][Shell Shock][Shock Arrow][Gale][Air Attunement][Ward Against Melee][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Resurrection Signet][/build]
[build prof=Warrior/Ritualist][Devastating Hammer][Crushing Blow][Hammer Bash][Bull's Strike][Overbearing Smash][Flail][Enraging Charge][Death Pact Signet][/build]
[build prof=Warrior/Assassin]["You're All Alone!"][Sever Artery][Gash][Final Thrust][Signet of Malice][Frenzy][Sprint][Resurrection Signet][/build]
[build prof=Ranger/Monk][Crippling Shot][Savage Shot][Distracting Shot][Apply Poison][Mending Touch][Troll Unguent][Natural Stride][Resurrection Signet][/build]
[build prof=Elementalist/Monk][Mind Blast][Immolate][Rodgort's Invocation][Gale][Blinding Flash][Fire Attunement][Flame Djinn's Haste][Healing Breeze][/build]
[build prof=Monk/Assassin][Zealous Benediction][Shielding Hands][Gift of Health][Guardian][Dismiss Condition][Purge Signet][Protective Spirit][Return][/build]
[build prof=Monk/Assassin][Zealous Benediction][Spirit Bond][Gift of Health][Guardian][Dismiss Condition][Holy Veil][Shield Of Absorption][Return][/build]

Basically its a 5-3 split (mostly), with the fire ele, ranger and war, which i think, should be enough to kill 1 war (or sin), 1 ranger, 1 rit by basically sitting your ranger on their rit, spamming blind flash on the ranger, and keeping Your all alone up on the warrior / sin to prevent him dealing too much damage, then sig of malice, trolls / mend touch + heal breeze, should be enough for you to stay alive / kill them. (obviously dont chase them into the chamber or somesuch)

Then at the mainteam you have the mesmer which has a build non-reliant on ping (although can take rupts if confident they will be useful), can remove a skill (such as seeping wound) from gameplay for 33sec as well as remove a hex to help vs hexways... Has dash so he can run flags if the fire ele has split, can chain run with the warrior to prevent the low armour mesmer running into the flag stand.
Also has the bsurge with a ward vs melee! good placing of the ward will allow the mesmer to push monks a little harder, while not wiping the backline. The hammer warrior has daze for if they decide to send their prot monk back basically, as well as to be an annoying skill, also can lineback with the kds.

The monk bars, look aweful, with no infuse, aura of stability or draw conds, however in the majority of games in my opinion you can manage without these skills. Also due to the nature of the builds having no infuse, if you are overextended on a 40/40 and get spiked, even with aegis, its likely you are going to die before it gets casted.
(basically being retarded gets punished) Also due to lack of party heals it requires you to be careful when pushing / pulling, this is also why kiting / weapon swapping is of high importance to minimise pressure.

Through enough games playing this, you would gradually see improvement in people's playstyle, tactic calling + their observational skills. This however requires people not to QQ when you lose, but to stick at playing the build, and over time i think it would be possible to win.

Also really idk what map to play this on, but whenever i think of playing it, i always seem to picture it on Warrior's Isle.

(also i made it look like that just cos <3 EvIL)

Edit: gave 1 of the monk bars protective spirit and purge signet to help vs hexways.

Last edited by Reed on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Reed

Number of posts : 14
Wammo Scale :
Training Build Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Training Build Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-12

Training Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Build   Training Build Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 1:01 pm

For Warrior's Isle. At the start of the match:
1) Run the first flag on the hammer warrior while the mesmer waits for 2nd in base.
2) Split the sword + fire ele to their base
3) Run the repair kit all the way thru our base and into the cata on the ranger
4) Try to force morale by kding + snaring the flagger inside their base, threatening to cata, and then kding him again at the stand.

Also be ready for a monk (imo number 8.) to either help the split team in their base if needed, or to defend our base if they push a split to it.

Also on warriors could simply.
1) take flag to stand on bsurge
2) run repair kit to our base on mesmer
3) split with the war,ranger,ele combo
4) cap flag etc and play for boost with cripshot chasing him thru base, and then kds at stand.

And because of the position of the footmen, you can quite happily sit in them and spam ward of melee whenever its recharged Smile
Also im not sure if its possible anymore, but if some1 dies, do not rush to get a res sig off, instead save it for if people get 60d and we dnt boost, that way we would still have lots of res left, and also if let ppl base, they can bring a new flag, or they get lots of energy

Only a few cases in gw NEED the dead guy to be ressed, otherwise altering your position should suffice.
Back to top Go down

Training Build
Page 1 of 1